Our Dear Friend Mike Lambrix left us on October 5, 2017
He went from the Darkness to the Light..

Saturday, December 19, 2015

Message from Mike Lambrix to his friends - from Death Watch

Dear friends,

As all of you know, on Monday November 30 - only hours after the US supreme Court declined review of my new evidence actual innocence appeal, Florida governor Rick Scott signed my death warrant, scheduling my execution for February 11, 2016 at 6:00 PM.

I was immediatelt transferred to the "death watch" housing area on the bottom floor of Florida State Prison, joining Oscar Bolin who is scheduled for execution on January 7, 2016. We are the only two on death watch. All of you, please keep Oscar in thoughs and prayer that something will come through to stop his scheduled execution.

Let me begin by saying I'm alright, you'all should not worry about me. I've known this was coming and I'm both mentally and intellectually ready. By far, my greatest worry right now is how this will affect those closest to me and I truly wish that I could give each of you a big hug right now and hug you all right through all this :-) (big smile). Since all of you closest to me know me only too well, you already know that I work best under pressure and true to form, since they moved me to death watch on Monday, November 30 I've been burning up my ink pen :-) (another smile)

First, let me say that death watch isn't all that bad, as it's like a whole other world down here. I've spent the last 32 years in a 6 foot by 9 foot cage and now I'm in a huge 8 foot by 12 foot cell that's actually super clean. As long as I remain on phase 2 death watch, I'm allowed to keep all my property in my cell as long as it all fits in the one footlocker, so I had to spend 2 days going through my property and sort out all that accumulated through the years - I threw away 2 full boxes of paperwork and old letters and I can't really complain. Like most of us on the row we are allowed so very little and what we do get is hard to let go and we become basically "pack rats". In time it accumulates, so finally being forced to reduce all that's piled up is somewhat liberating. But equally so I will miss being able to re-read old letters from those closest to me. When those moments come, often late at night when I can't sleep, being able to re-read special letters was a form of comfort. They were hard to let go, and that's why so many piled up through the years.

To summarize the death watch procedure; I will no longer be allowed regualr contact visits and will instead only be allowed non-contact (behind glass) visits on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM - but only those on my approved visiting list will be allowed and I can have up to 12 hours each week over those 3 days. All visits must be scheduledat least 24 hours ahead through warden Palmer's office.

Although for obvious reasons I cannot discuss what legal actions will be pursued before they are actually filed I can tell you this - I am confident that my legal challenges will be succesful and am impressed by the unexpected way so many lawyers dropped everything else they were doing to quickly join my legal team as soon as they signed my death warrant. Hopefully, as legal actions are filed, we will be able to quickly post them on my website www.southerninjustice.net

But make no mistake about it, I am taking this seriously and there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that they would kill me despite my innocence. If I've learned anything over the past 32 years it is that few people out there have any clue as to just how corrupt our legal system really is and they will kill the innocent.

We really do have a lot going on and good reason to believe that I will win - and so it really comes down to that age-old saying: "Hope for the best and prepare for the worst". I am allowed regular mail and will welcome all mail..and send me some good jokes so I can have a laugh too! With thoughts and love - Mike

Michael Lambrix #482053
Florida State Prison Q2301
7819 NW 228th street
Raiford  Florida 32026-1100





Mike, Christmas 2014


                                         

4 comments:

Joseph Fink said...

I am disgusted that whether you are innocent or guilty, we as the State of Florida plan to kill you.

I understand the vast majority approve of this barbarism, however it is far above my pay grade and intellect to make that type of decision.

I believe in a( ) deity/ies, but as to whether they are interactive, who knows.

Again, my personal apologies that this still occurs.

Joseph Fink

Joseph Fink said...

I am disgusted that whether you are innocent or guilty, we as the State of Florida plan to kill you.

I understand the vast majority approve of this barbarism, however it is far above my pay grade and intellect to make that type of decision.

I believe in a( ) deity/ies, but as to whether they are interactive, who knows.

Again, my personal apologies that this still occurs.

Joseph Fink

Unknown said...

DEAR MR LAMBRIX,MY NAME IS MADELENE BRINSON.MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU.I AM ON SEVERAL SITES TO REFORM THIS DEATH PENALTY.I AM CATHOLIC AND I AM VERY MUCH OPPOSED TO THIS BRUTALITY.GOD BLESS AND KEEP YOU.

Unknown said...

DEAR MR LAMBRIX,MY NAME IS MADELENE BRINSON.MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU.I AM ON SEVERAL SITES TO REFORM THIS DEATH PENALTY.I AM CATHOLIC AND I AM VERY MUCH OPPOSED TO THIS BRUTALITY.GOD BLESS AND KEEP YOU.